RESTAR Co. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") regards the protection of customers' personal information as an important management mission, and is committed to appropriately protecting and managing such information to earn the trust of its customers.
Article 1 Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Rules
Article 2 Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
the Company collects customers' personal information, etc. by proper and lawful means within the scope necessary for business purposes. Collected personal information, etc. will be used appropriately within the scope of the purposes announced in Article 3 "Purpose of Use of Personal Information" and will not be used for any other purpose.
Article 3 Purpose of Use of Personal information
In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003)(including subsequent amendments, hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Law")., we will use the collected personal information, etc. to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use in connection with the operations specified in this Article "Purpose of Use of Personal Information".
1. Acquisition of Personal Information, etc. by Appropriate and Lawful Means
We may acquire Personal Information, etc. in the following cases:
(1) When personal information is provided directly by a customer through a document that the customer fills out or submits, such as a written document submitted by the customer or data entered by the customer on a screen such as a Web site.
(2) When personal information is provided by customers through the provision of products or services
(3) When personal information is obtained from other businesses on consignment or provided to a third party
(4) When personal information, etc. is acquired in the process of collecting information from the Internet, books, registry information, or other information that is legally available to the public.
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information, etc.
We will use personal information, etc. appropriately within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes of use.
In addition, the Company will endeavor to specify the purpose of use so that it is clear to the person concerned, and to limit the purpose of use according to the circumstances of acquisition, for example, when customers are asked to respond to various questionnaires, etc., the Company will use the information only for the purpose of tabulating the results of the questionnaires, etc.
(1) Purposes related to the services of the Company and its partner companies - To accept applications for the Company's services
- To confirm the identity of users of our services and their eligibility to use our financial services in accordance with the Law Concerning Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds.
- To manage ongoing transactions, such as checking usage status.
- To make decisions regarding applications for or continued use of our services
- To provide personal data to third parties through the sale of database functions and other services related to our registration information to our customers.
- To appropriately perform the entrusted work in cases where all or part of the processing of personal information is entrusted by another business or other entity, etc.
- To execute a contract (a contract between the Company and a customer and a contract directly or indirectly related to the Company's business). To exercise rights or fulfill obligations based on contracts (including contracts between the Company and its customers and contracts directly or indirectly related to the Company's business), laws, etc.
- To improve and develop services through market research, data analysis, questionnaires, etc.
- To send direct mailings and other proposals regarding our services
- To make various proposals regarding products and services of partner companies, etc.
- To cancel transactions and to manage the transactions after they are cancelled
- To respond to inquiries
- To appropriately and smoothly perform other products and services provided by the Company (2) Purposes related to the Company's internal management
- To understand various risks and to manage business by our group
- To manage the Company's internal employment
- To conduct public relations and investor relations activities of the Company, as well as to perform administrative work related to the exercise of shareholders' rights, such as the transfer of ownership in the shareholders' register
Article 4 Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
1. We will not provide or disclose acquired personal data to any third party, except in the following cases
(1) When the individual concerned has given consent
(2) When required by law
(3) When the Company consigns the handling of personal data to an outside contractor based on a contract within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use listed in the second paragraph of the preceding article. In such cases, the Company will establish appropriate standards and strictly select the outside contractor, and will appropriately supervise the outside contractor to prevent use for other purposes, leakage, loss, or damage, etc.
(4) Cases in which personal data is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
(5) Cases in which personal data is to be shared with a specific third party, and in which the following matters are made known to the individual, such as by notification or public announcement, prior to the commencement of the shared use
- Intent joint use
- Items of personal data to be jointly used
- Scope of joint use
- Purpose of use by the joint users
2. Name or title of the person responsible for the management of said personal data
As per the purpose of use stipulated in Article 3, Paragraph 2, we will provide personal data containing the following information to a third party for the purpose of selling database functions and other services related to our registration information to our customers from August 1, 2020 onward.
(1) Items of personal data to be provided to third parties: names of owners, creditors, and debtors of real estate that can be read from real estate registration information and their whereabouts.
(2) Means or methods of provision to third parties: customers who have purchased our services may access and view our database and download EXCEL files.
(3) Acquisition method of personal data provided to third parties: purchase from the Civil Law Association, General Incorporated Foundation, acquisition from registered information, acquisition from public information on the Internet, etc.
(4) How to update personal data provided to third parties: purchasing new information from the Civil Law Association, General Incorporated Foundation, etc.
Article 5 Safety Management of Personal Information
1. The Company strives to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date. In addition, we will take appropriate measures to prevent the loss, leakage, and damage of personal information, etc., and to manage other safety measures, and will review them from time to time as necessary.
2. The Company may outsource the handling of personal information, etc., for example in the following cases. When outsourcing, we will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to outsourced businesses to ensure the safe management of personal information, etc.
・Clerical work related to shipping transaction documents
・Clerical work related to sending direct mail
・Work related to information system operation and maintenance
・Work related to storage of slips and other various documents
・Clerical work related to call center support
Article 6 Response to complaints regarding the handling of personal information
When the Company receives a complaint regarding the handling of personal information, we will investigate the content and strive to handle the complaint appropriately and promptly within a reasonable period of time. Complaints and other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, etc. from customers are accepted at the contact point below. Contact form: https://www.restar-inc.com/en/contact/
Article 7 Requests regarding the use of your own personal data
Based on the Personal Information Protection Act, our company will respond to requests from customers for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "requests for disclosure, etc.") regarding their personal data held by our company. ) are accepted. When we receive a request for disclosure, etc. from a customer, we will confirm that the request is made by the customer. If confirmed, the customer can request disclosure of their own personal data at any time in accordance with the procedures established by the Company, and the Company will, in accordance with the customer's request, disclose personal information held about the customer. We will take appropriate action regarding the information. In addition, if we receive a request to disclose whether or not we have an individual number, we will respond only regarding whether or not we have an individual number. For more information, please contact us using the contact information below. Contact form: https://www.restar-inc.com/en/contact/
Article 8 Opt-out procedure
[Information about our company]
SPROUND, Shinagawa Intercity Building A 22F, Konan 2-15-1, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Representative Director: Hibiki Uno
Article 9 Continuous improvement of the "Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection"
Our company continually reviews its "Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection" and related internal regulations, and strives to improve the handling of customers' personal information.